Any legal document you may have in the UK will have to be authenticated by the UAE embassy if its full legal effect has to be accepted in the UAE. For this purpose, you will have to complete the process of UAE embassy legalisation.
This process of UAE embassy legalisation is also known as attestation. It involves a number of steps that may come across as complicated to the average person. However, you can seek professional services that assist in successful authentication of documents.
Embassy Legalisation and Why it is Needed?
Embassy legalisation is required for authentication of documents for countries that are not part of the Hague Convention. This includes the UAE. These countries don’t acknowledge an Apostille as an authentification certification for any public documents from UK, US, Australia, Canada, Pakistan, South Korea, Philippines, India, and New Zealand.
As an alternative, the public documents will have to be sent to the embassy or a diplomatic representative of the country; UAE in this case. Therefore, if you live in the UK, you will have to contact the UAE embassy in the country to get the public documents attested.
The Process of UAE Embassy Legalisation in the UK
Following is the step by step process of getting UAE embassy legalisation in the UK:
- You will have to get the authentication transmittal form
- Fill all the details required by the form
- After filling, you will have to drop off the form to the professional assistance you are using for the authentication
- The form will be sent for notarization to the Solicitor Notary in the UK
- Getting certification by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) office in Milton Keynes
- Legalisation will be completed at the UAE embassy in London
- Getting attestation completed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE. This is an optional step
- Getting the authenticated documents translated into Arabic. This is also an optional step
Why Get Professional Assistance
The UAE embassy legalisation process is a bureaucratic one. Having access to the public departments and forms required to complete the authentication can be quite a hassle for the average citizen. However, you can get access to Apostille services in the UK. These services provide you with professionals that are expert in such legal matters.
Documents that require attestation can be of different nature. The process of legalisation may differ for the varying types. For example, a few documents may specifically require the solicitor certification before they can be forwarded to the FCO and UAE embassy in London. As a common citizen, you may not have such intricate knowledge but a professional can smooth out the process.
Using professional Apostille services will also save you time. In case, you need the UAE embassy legalisation for urgent purposes, you don’t want to come across unnecessary delays.
If you are seeking UAE embassy legalisation, search for Apostille services nearest to you. Many will offer a quote before you finalise using their services.