For all those people who want to know the procedure of getting their important documents legalised, this post contains the solution for them. All that you need to know about getting your documents legalised in the UK is included in this post. Have a look:
How to Get Document Legalised?
To get document legalised, you merely have to ask the Legislation Office and they will check the document thoroughly for its authenticity. Furthermore, they also make sure that the document contains a UK public official stamp, seal or signature. Once they have validated that the sign, stamp or seal is from a UK public official, they will legalise the document. A stamped office certificate will be attached to it, which is going to serve as a proof that the document is now legalised.
Requirements to Get Document Legalised
Although the process is simple, you will need the following things to get document legalised.
- Document(s) for legalisation purpose
- It is to be noted that all type of documents can be legalised; only certain official documents can be asked to be legalised.
- A copy of PDF documents or in any other electronic form can be legalised as well. However, they must have original seal or ink signature from the issuer. Moreover, a UK solicitor or notary public certified e-document can also be legalised.
- Selection of a Payment Method
- You can use your debit or credit for paying legalisation
- It is the address where documents will be mailed after they have been legalised.
The time it takes to get document legalised depend on peak factor and courier services. During peak periods, it can take around 5 days for documents to get legalised whereas, under normal circumstances, the process can be completed within 2 days.
You can also opt for same-day business service. However, for this to happen, you will have to drop the documents and collect them from central London’s premium office. This service is specifically for registered users and costs £75 for each document.
A point you need to remember here is that during the summer season or just before the Easter days, it may take more than routine time for your documents to get legalised.
Typically, legislation charges, per document, are £30. However, postage or courier fee is also charged. Courier costs depend on the country where the legalised documents are to be mailed. For the UK, the charges are £5.50 per 1.5kg. However, for other European countries and rest of the world, the courier charges are £14.50 per 1.5kg and £25 per 1.5kg respectively.
There you go! This is a simple process, which you have to follow to get document legalised in the UK. As stated above, you can also avail this convenience of sending e-documents and getting them legalised and dropped back to your address in a hassle-free process.